Welcome to the Holiday Island Garden Club website. If you are interested in landscaping, vegetable gardening, flower gardening and meeting with fellow gardeners in Holiday Island, Arkansas, please join us at one of our monthly meetings. We have lots of fun! Check out our Calendar of Events.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 – 1:00 pm: “Flower Bulb Forcing Basics” program and workshop. Bring the following supplies:
- A decorative dish that will hold water
- Crushed gravel or pebbles
- Decorative stones
- Flower bulbs: Those that do not need chilling that will bloom sooner – Paperwhites or Amaryllis
or those that need chilling, you can buy prechilled or chill them in the refrigerator.
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 – 1:00 pm: “Build Your Own Terrarium”. Bring the following supplies:
- Closed or open glass container
- Terrarium plants of your choice
- Pea size gravel, charcoal, potting soil suitable for plants (succulent plants require different soil)
- Green moss
- Bigger rock decor, marbles, or miniature fairy garden decor
- Your creative mind!
- Friday, February 22, 2019 – Lawn & Garden Show – meet at Island Room at 8:00 am for field trip to Springfield Fair Grounds
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 – 1:00 pm: “Garden Therapy – Terrariums” at Peach Tree Retirement Community (tentative).
At the Holiday Island Garden Club, we are dedicated to stimulating and expanding the knowledge and love of gardening among interested gardeners in the Holiday Island area. Whether it’s your own garden or one we have adopted as a group, we gather to strengthen these goals.
We run the gamut from serious business meetings (not very often) to excursions and field trips to nearby gardens. Our speakers are extremely informative and our festivities are filled with great food, fun and fellowship.
Holiday Island Garden Club became a member of the Arkansas Federation of Garden Clubs in 2016 and thereby is an official member of the National Garden Club.